Introducing the RPM – The Coolest Paddling Marathon in Australia!
Hosted by the Marathon Canoe Club of SA since 1988 the Riverland Paddling Marathon (RPM) is not just a marathon it is a festival of paddling marathons with six (6) possible events over 3 days on June Long Weekend in the chilly month of June each year.
Since 1988 on the June Long Weekend paddlers from all over Australia gather on the famous Murray River in South Australia’s beautiful Riverland to meet, greet and most importantly to compete in our paddling events.
The Six events which run consecutively over the weekend include –
- The Murray 200 – a 208 km continuous paddle over 3 days from Berri to Morgan
- The 200 Relay – the same 208 km course from Berri to Morgan but paddled in a relay event.
- The Murray 100 – a 93km course over 3 days covering sections of the longer Berri to Morgan course
- The Murray 50 – a 49km course over 3 days, sharing day 1 and 3 with the Mini-marathon and day 2 with the M100
- Single day paddle – on Sunday of the event weekend, 26km from Devlins Pound to Waikerie
- Mini-marathon – an opportunity to try the event by paddling 11 or 12km on any single day or on multiple days
The RPM is genuinely a fun event with a wide array of craft taking to the river including international craft, recreational canoes & kayaks, surf skis, outriggers, surf boats and sups. The emphasis at the RPM at all times is about participation.
So if you are up for a challenge lock the date in early and get into action for this years Riverland Paddling Marathon.
Next event – 10th to 12th June 2023
Want to know more about the RPM?
There is a wealth of additional information available on this site
If you can’t find what you want you can contact the event committee through –
Race Director: Martin Finn on (M) 0411 408 096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Secretary: MarathonCanoeClubofSA@live.com.au
Thank you to our sponsors
Address: 200 South Road Mile End SA 5031
Phone: (08) 8300 8300
Website: Bernie Lewis
Address: 37 Gilbert Street Adelaide South Australia
Phone: (08) 7009 4190\
Website: Roof Rack City Adelaide
Address: 271 GRANGE ROAD FINDON
Phone: (08) 8277 8422
Website: Adelaide Canoe Works
Address: 49 peake terrace waikerie
Phone: (08) 8541 2651
Website: Waikerie Caravan Park
Address: 2 McCoy St, Waikerie SA 5330
Phone: (08) 8541 2999
Website: Waikerie Hotel
Address: 461 Holmes Rd, Kingston on Murray SA 5331
Phone: 0408 685 053
Website: Kingston on Murray
Kayaks & Canoes
Address: 299 Sturt Road, Sturt, S.A.
Phone: 0469 197 439
Website: BQ Sport