Introducing the RPM
Hosted by the Marathon Canoe Club of SA since 1988 the Riverland Paddling Marathon (RPM) is not just a marathon it is a festival of paddling marathons with 6 possible events over 3 days on 1 weekend in the chilly month of June each year.
Every June long weekend paddlers from all over the country gather on the Murray River in South Australia’s beautiful Riverland to meet, greet and most importantly to paddle.
The Six events which run consecutively over the weekend include –
- The Murray 200 – a 208 km continuous paddle over 3 days from Berri to Morgan
- The 200 Relay – the same 208 km course from Berri to Morgan but paddled in relay with baton exchanges
- The Murray 100 – a 93km course over 3 days covering sections of the longer Berri to Morgan course
- The Murray 50 – a 49km course over 3 days, sharing day 1 and 3 with the Mini and day 2 with the M100
- Single day paddle – on Sunday of the event weekend, 26km from Devlins Pound to Waikerie
- Mini-marathon – an opportunity to try the event by paddling 11 or 12km on any single day or on multiple days
The RPM is genuinely a fun event with a wide array of craft taking to the river including international craft, recreational boats, sea kayaks, surf skis, outriggers, surf boats and canoes. The emphasis at the RPM at all times is about participation.
So if you are up for a challenge lock the date in early and get into action for this years Riverland Paddling Marathon.
Next event – 10th to 12th June 2017
Want to know more about the RPM?
There is a wealth of additional information available at www.mcc.canoe.org.au
Or you can contact the event committee through –
Race Director: Martin Finn on (M) 0411 408 096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Secretary: MarathonCanoeClubofSA@live.com.au